from €122.00 EUR
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Organized by: Your Travel Diary
Starting with Piazzale Cadorna under the famous “Needle-and-Thread” monument, discover Milan on a slow tram ride through the city center.
Visit Sforza Castle where you will learn about the history of the Ducal residence and one of the largest citadels in Europe. Located at the margins of Sempione Park, the castle provides panoramic view of the Arch of Peace which is Milan’s commemorative arch built by Luigi Cagnola at the request of Napoleon.
While traveling on Line No. 1, cross the city center to see the historic streetcars of the 1930s. Then, pass through the Brera district en route to Cordusio, the heart of Milan’s Financial District. Form there, take a walking tour around the city center to see the imposing Duomo (Cathedral), covered Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, and La Scala Opera House up close.
Get back in Tram No. 1, ride through the Fashion District. Pass the consulate buildings of the Diplomatic Quarters, and admire the monuments of Piazza della Repubblica. The tour ends with one of Milan’s main shopping avenues called Corso Buenos Aires which is a perfect drop off to enjoy some free time to shop!
- Take a ride on the historic tram No. 1 through the center of Milan,
- Learn about the history of the Dukes of Milan at Sforza Castle,
- Enjoy panoramic views of Napoleon’s Arch of Peace,
- Visit Milan’s longest shopping street,
- See the Duomo and La Scala Opera House,
- Climb aboard a streetcar from the 1930s.