Ca' de Sass

Ca' de Sass.jpg
3 Via Monte di Pietà Milano Lombardia 20121 IT

The Museum of History, ‘Ca’ de sass”, so called on account of the large stones projecting from its exterior walls, is housed in a small building on 11 Via Andegari, which is also the mam office of the Cassa di Risparmio delle Provincie Lombarde.

Among the most interesting exhibits are the first 12 silver and copper coins deposited in the bank back in 1823. and the documents concerning some important loans, such as the one made to Victor Emanuel II, King of Italy.

The museum can be visited upon request: (from 9-12 midday and 2-5 except Saturdays). Entrance free For visits contact the Ufficio Pubbliche Relazioni – Propaganda.

Seminario Maggiore (3).jpg
0.66 km
At No. 11 Corso Venezia we can see the building which was once the “Seminario Maggiore” founded by St. Carlo in 1561, this buildings built on the site of the ancient “Umil...
Basilica of San Carlo al Corso (3).jpg
0.66 km
The present day basilica of St. Carlo was built on the site of the old church and convent ol the Servants of Mary. When preparations for Ferdinando I of Austria’s entrance into ...
The Ambrosian Library and its Art Gallery (2).jpg
Founded bv Cardinal Federico Borromeo in 1609 and built by Fabio Mangone and Francesco Maria Richini, the Ambrosian Library is one of the most remarkable demonstrations of the g...
Palazzo Crivelli (3).JPG
0.71 km
There are two Andalusian style balconies and a portal with granite doorposts. Its style is typical of the 17th century It has well preserved architectural frescos in perspective...
0.71 km
The palace stands in the rectangular square on the southern side of the cathedral; it is a wide building with a Neoclassical front and two lateral wings. It is of ancient origin...
Palazzo del Senato (2).JPG
0.73 km
Fabio Mangone, the master builder of the Duomo and favorite arch tect of Cardinal Federico Borromeo began to construct this austere edifice in 1620. It was intended to house the...
Santa Maria presso San Satiro (5).jpg
0.73 km
This church stands on Via Torino close to the Piazza del Duomo. The original building was erected at the time of Archishop Ansperto (10th century). Of this, only the chapel (Cap...
Church of San Sepolcro (1).jpg
0.76 km
It has been remodeled many times since its founding in 1030; the faÇade however, has been restored to its primitive Lombard style. A vast crypt, that extends the length of the c...
Sforzesco Castle (11).jpg
0.77 km
What we see today is only a part of the original citadel which, at the beginning, consisted of other forts enclosed in a great star-shaped ramparted fortress. The perimetral dev...
The Basilica of San Babila (1).jpg
0.78 km
The basilica ol San Babila, now squashed in by modern buildings, was, perhaps, built at the end of the Xlth century on the site of another, but older, church founded by St. Lore...
Palazzo Silvestri Fontana (4).jpg
0.78 km
This linear and unadorned façade makes it a typical example of 15th century Milanese architecture. There is a wrought iron balcony on the exterior above the main door which is d...
Palazzo Serbelloni (4).jpg
0.84 km
This large and majestic building was enlarged in the Neoclassical style by Simone Cantoni at the end of the 18th century. The façade has three orders, or rows, of windows that h...
Palazzo Borromeo (4).jpg
0.84 km
The rather plain façade of this 15th century mansion is interesting for its Gothic entrance. Its pointed arch is accented with two colors of cut stone and by three marble border...
San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore (3).jpg
0.89 km
The church is at 15 Corso Magenta. It was consecrated in 1519. It belonged to a convent of Benedictine nuns called “Maggiore” because it was the largest and most imp...
Villa Reale and Modern Art Gallery (12).jpg
0.91 km
This building is commonly called the ’’Royal Villa” but it was built by the Viennese architecht Leopold Poliak in 1790 as the home of Count Lodovico Barbiano di Belgioioso...
Palazzo Toscanini.jpg
0.91 km
This 17th century mansion is the dwelling of the famous orchestra conductor s family. On the outside is a superb wrought iron railing on the central balcony The larghe front doo...
Palazzo Litta (4).jpg
Also known as “Palazzo Arese”, it was enlarged by the Litta family in 1700. The architect B.Bolla was commissioned to work over Richini’s original construction...
Palazzo Castiglioni (1).jpg
0.98 km
Styles called “floreale” and “Liberty” were fashionable at the beginning of 20th century. They were typified by heavy ornamentation of figures, columns, ...
Palazzo Sormani (3).jpg
1.07 km
This mansion was originally constructed in the Barocchetto style. In 1736, the architect Croce enlarged on the initial 17th century plan and it was considered one of the most lu...
Francesco Messina Museum (2).jpg
1.09 km
This is a very original type of museum: it displays the works of the sculptor Francesco Messina. It is something new on the order of museums because here we find a museum-studio...
Showing 21 - 40 of 75 results
Ca' de Sass.jpg 2 years ago
  • You must to post comments
Showing 1 result