Church of San Sepolcro

Church of San Sepolcro (1).jpg
Church of San Sepolcro (1).jpg
Church of San Sepolcro (2).jpg
2 Piazza Pio XI Milano Lombardia 20123 IT

It has been remodeled many times since its founding in 1030; the faÇade however, has been restored to its primitive Lombard style. A vast crypt, that extends the length of the church, is used for art exhibits.

Casa degli Omenoni (2).jpg
0.7 km
The “House of the Omenoni” was built by Leone Leoni and is one of the most interesting late sixteenth century buildings in Milan. It has eight caryatids called “Omen...
The Basilica of San Nazaro Maggiore (4).jpg
0.74 km
Founded in the 4th century, it was rebuilt in Romanesque style after the fire of 1705; the Chapel of San Lino contains important 10th century frescos. ...
Manzoni's house (3).jpg
0.75 km
In Piazza Belgioioso, other than the building which gives it its name, we can see Palazzo Besana and Manzoni’s house. This latter is very dear to the people of Milan as their ow...
Palazzo Belgioioso (2).jpeg
0.75 km
Piermarini constructed this palace for the princes, Antonio and Alberico Barbiano of Belgioioso between the years 1772 and 1781. The façade has three stories of twenty-five wind...
Ca' de Sass.jpg
0.76 km
The Museum of History, ‘Ca’ de sass”, so called on account of the large stones projecting from its exterior walls, is housed in a small building on 11 Via Ande...
Basilica of Sant’Ambrogio  (13).jpg
0.77 km
This Basilica, which stands in the square bearing the same name, reflects sixteen centuries of history. It is the queen and mother of Lombard churches. This Paleo-Christian buil...
Museo Poldi Pezzoli (8).jpg
The apartment in Via Manzoni No. 12 in which the Poldi Pezzoli Museum is housed, was destined to become a museum bv a member of a noble family, Gian Giacomo Poldi Pezzoli in 187...
Antico Ospedale Maggiore (2).jpg
0.92 km
Once called by the Milanese “Ca’ Granda” (the Big House) this building was commissioned by Francesco Sforza who, in 1456, decided to gather into one hospital the numerous ...
Basilica of San Carlo al Corso (3).jpg
0.93 km
The present day basilica of St. Carlo was built on the site of the old church and convent ol the Servants of Mary. When preparations for Ferdinando I of Austria’s entrance into ...
Sforzesco Castle (11).jpg
0.96 km
What we see today is only a part of the original citadel which, at the beginning, consisted of other forts enclosed in a great star-shaped ramparted fortress. The perimetral dev...
Santa Maria presso San Celso (4).jpg
0.96 km
Built between 1490 and 1570; the shelves of the sacristy are full of valuable objects. ...
Palazzo Sormani (3).jpg
1 km
This mansion was originally constructed in the Barocchetto style. In 1736, the architect Croce enlarged on the initial 17th century plan and it was considered one of the most lu...
Brera Picture Gallery (1).jpg
1.01 km
The name Brera come from the place where the “Umiliati” (an order of religious men and laymen) built their house within the city walls in about 1170. In the 13th century t...
Palazzo Toscanini.jpg
1.05 km
This 17th century mansion is the dwelling of the famous orchestra conductor s family. On the outside is a superb wrought iron railing on the central balcony The larghe front doo...
Palazzo Morando (1).JPG
1.05 km
The correct name would be Palazzo Morando Attendolo Bolognim. It now contains a municipal museum collection. The Barocchetto style facade has been partly remodeled. The staircas...
Basilica of Sant'Eustorgio.jpg
1.05 km
This church is, after St. Ambrogio, the most noteworthy medieval Milanese edifice. It rises in the square of same name in the modestly picturesque neighborhood of Porta Ticinese...
Museum of Milan and of Modern History.jpg
1.06 km
Illustrations and paintings recall the historical events of the city from the 17th to the early years of the 20th century. ...
Piccolo Teatro (1).png
Just a few meters from Via Dante and next to the old Palazzo del Carmagnola is the Piccolo Teatro that was founded in 1947 by Paolo Grassi and Giorgio Strehler. The aim was not ...
Museum of the Risorgimento (3).jpg
1.08 km
(National Revival) – (23 Via Borgonuovo tel. 803.539) – Exhibits dating from the mid-18th century to 1914 in which there was a national revival and struggle to unite...
Seminario Maggiore (3).jpg
1.09 km
At No. 11 Corso Venezia we can see the building which was once the “Seminario Maggiore” founded by St. Carlo in 1561, this buildings built on the site of the ancient “Umil...
Showing 21 - 40 of 75 results
Church of San Sepolcro (2).jpg 2 years ago
  • You must to post comments
Church of San Sepolcro (1).jpg 2 years ago
  • You must to post comments
Showing 2 results