At No. 11 Corso Venezia we can see the building which was once the “Seminario Maggiore” founded by St. Carlo in 1561, this buildings built on the site of the ancient “Umiliati” monastery’, which is, at the moment, being restored to be used as a centre for eccliastical studies.
The monumental entrance, adorned with two colossal caryatids, and dominated by St. Carlo’s coat-of-arms, was designed by F.M. Richini in 1652. The interior of the building has a courtyard with a colonnade and two superimposed porticos, architraves with granite columns which recall a certain palladian influence.