Palazzo Morando

Palazzo Morando (1).JPG
Palazzo Morando (1).JPG
Palazzo Morando (2).jpg
Palazzo Morando (3).jpg
6 Via Sant'Andrea Milano Lombardia 20121 IT

The correct name would be Palazzo Morando Attendolo Bolognim. It now contains a municipal museum collection. The Barocchetto style facade has been partly remodeled. The staircase within has a Rococo style open work stone parapet. The 18th century apartment is interesting to see.

Duomo Cathedral (17).jpg
0.6 km
The cathedral was started in 1386. It is a magnificent example of a very special interpretation of Gothic architecture by the Lombards. It rises like a huge mountain of marble b...
Palazzo Saporiti.jpg
0.61 km
Here is another example, like Palazzo Serbelloni, of the grandiose Neoclassical style of architecture that was in vogue during the Napoleonic Era. It is the work of the early 18...
Museum of the Risorgimento (3).jpg
0.65 km
(National Revival) – (23 Via Borgonuovo tel. 803.539) – Exhibits dating from the mid-18th century to 1914 in which there was a national revival and struggle to unite...
Basilica of Santa Maria della Passione (2).jpg
0.66 km
St. Maria Della Passione’s Church rises between Via Conservatorio and Via V. Beilini. It was built by oder of Domenico Birago, Prothonotary Apostolical, appointed by Sisto IV as...
Milan Natural History Museum (2).jpg
0.67 km
Over one million insects, twenty-four thousand birds, seventeen thousand minerals, one hundred thousand fossils and a large specialized library: this is only part of what can be...
123.jpg
0.69 km
This magnificent square is said to be the minor of Milan and the Milanese. In fact its citizens pour in and out of it at every hour of the day; whether it is ablaze with sun-lig...
Palazzo Crivelli (3).JPG
0.72 km
There are two Andalusian style balconies and a portal with granite doorposts. Its style is typical of the 17th century It has well preserved architectural frescos in perspective...
0.72 km
The palace stands in the rectangular square on the southern side of the cathedral; it is a wide building with a Neoclassical front and two lateral wings. It is of ancient origin...
Palazzo Sormani (3).jpg
0.73 km
This mansion was originally constructed in the Barocchetto style. In 1736, the architect Croce enlarged on the initial 17th century plan and it was considered one of the most lu...
Palazzo Clerici (1).jpg
0.74 km
This splendid palace, built in the early decades of the 18th century contains a magnificent gallery of tapestries and a famous fresco painted by Giambattista Tiepolo about 1740,...
San Pietro in Gessate (4).jpg
0.75 km
This 15th cent, church has been poorly remodeled more than once since its construction, its façade was restored in Lombard style. The interior has three aisles, 12 side chapels,...
Brera Picture Gallery (1).jpg
0.76 km
The name Brera come from the place where the “Umiliati” (an order of religious men and laymen) built their house within the city walls in about 1170. In the 13th century t...
San Marco Church in Milan (5).jpg
0.78 km
The church was constructed about 1254 on the site of one already in existence dedicated to St. Mark. It was built to show the Venetians Milan’s appreciation for having reb...
Piazza Mercanti (5).jpg
0.8 km
Between the Piazza Mercanti and Via Mercanti – just west of the Duomo – there is a group of buildings that splendidy illustrates the development of Milanese architec...
Loggia degli Osii (2).jpg
0.81 km
The Loggia of the Osii was built by Matteo Visconti in 1316. It was restored in 1904 and the deformations of the XVIIth. and XVIIIth. centuries were removed. The façade, with tw...
Santa Maria presso San Satiro (5).jpg
0.92 km
This church stands on Via Torino close to the Piazza del Duomo. The original building was erected at the time of Archishop Ansperto (10th century). Of this, only the chapel (Cap...
The Ambrosian Library and its Art Gallery (2).jpg
Founded bv Cardinal Federico Borromeo in 1609 and built by Fabio Mangone and Francesco Maria Richini, the Ambrosian Library is one of the most remarkable demonstrations of the g...
Antico Ospedale Maggiore (2).jpg
1.03 km
Once called by the Milanese “Ca’ Granda” (the Big House) this building was commissioned by Francesco Sforza who, in 1456, decided to gather into one hospital the numerous ...
Church of San Sepolcro (1).jpg
1.05 km
It has been remodeled many times since its founding in 1030; the faÇade however, has been restored to its primitive Lombard style. A vast crypt, that extends the length of the c...
Basilica of San Simpliciano (2).jpg
1.09 km
This Basilica was one of the first churches to be constructed in Milan-Sant’Ambrogio was responsible for initiating the plans to build it (4th cent.) but it was completed ...
Showing 21 - 40 of 75 results
Palazzo Morando (3).jpg 2 years ago
  • You must to post comments
Palazzo Morando (2).jpg 2 years ago
  • You must to post comments
Palazzo Morando (1).JPG 2 years ago
  • You must to post comments
Showing 3 results