Casa degli Omenoni

Casa degli Omenoni (2).jpg
Casa degli Omenoni (2).jpg
Casa degli Omenoni (1).jpg
Casa degli Omenoni (3).jpg
3 Via degli Omenoni Milano Lombardia 20121 IT

The “House of the Omenoni” was built by Leone Leoni and is one of the most interesting late sixteenth century buildings in Milan. It has eight caryatids called “Omenoni’’ (big men) which are the work of Antonio Abbondio and are of Michelangelesque inspiration.

Inside there is a courtyard surrounded by porticos with Tuscan columns. The facade has some fine stone decorations and below the cornice, which supports the roof, there is a fine frieze in alto-rilievo representing ” Slander devoured by lions “.

Palazzo Silvestri Fontana (4).jpg
0.55 km
This linear and unadorned façade makes it a typical example of 15th century Milanese architecture. There is a wrought iron balcony on the exterior above the main door which is d...
Palazzo del Senato (2).JPG
0.58 km
Fabio Mangone, the master builder of the Duomo and favorite arch tect of Cardinal Federico Borromeo began to construct this austere edifice in 1620. It was intended to house the...
Museum of the Risorgimento (3).jpg
0.58 km
(National Revival) – (23 Via Borgonuovo tel. 803.539) – Exhibits dating from the mid-18th century to 1914 in which there was a national revival and struggle to unite...
Palazzo Toscanini.jpg
0.59 km
This 17th century mansion is the dwelling of the famous orchestra conductor s family. On the outside is a superb wrought iron railing on the central balcony The larghe front doo...
Santa Maria presso San Satiro (5).jpg
0.6 km
This church stands on Via Torino close to the Piazza del Duomo. The original building was erected at the time of Archishop Ansperto (10th century). Of this, only the chapel (Cap...
Brera Picture Gallery (1).jpg
0.62 km
The name Brera come from the place where the “Umiliati” (an order of religious men and laymen) built their house within the city walls in about 1170. In the 13th century t...
Palazzo Serbelloni (4).jpg
0.64 km
This large and majestic building was enlarged in the Neoclassical style by Simone Cantoni at the end of the 18th century. The façade has three orders, or rows, of windows that h...
The Ambrosian Library and its Art Gallery (2).jpg
Founded bv Cardinal Federico Borromeo in 1609 and built by Fabio Mangone and Francesco Maria Richini, the Ambrosian Library is one of the most remarkable demonstrations of the g...
Church of San Sepolcro (1).jpg
0.7 km
It has been remodeled many times since its founding in 1030; the faÇade however, has been restored to its primitive Lombard style. A vast crypt, that extends the length of the c...
San Marco Church in Milan (5).jpg
0.72 km
The church was constructed about 1254 on the site of one already in existence dedicated to St. Mark. It was built to show the Venetians Milan’s appreciation for having reb...
Palazzo Sormani (3).jpg
0.74 km
This mansion was originally constructed in the Barocchetto style. In 1736, the architect Croce enlarged on the initial 17th century plan and it was considered one of the most lu...
Villa Reale and Modern Art Gallery (12).jpg
0.84 km
This building is commonly called the ’’Royal Villa” but it was built by the Viennese architecht Leopold Poliak in 1790 as the home of Count Lodovico Barbiano di Belgioioso...
Palazzo Castiglioni (1).jpg
0.86 km
Styles called “floreale” and “Liberty” were fashionable at the beginning of 20th century. They were typified by heavy ornamentation of figures, columns, ...
Palazzo Borromeo (4).jpg
0.87 km
The rather plain façade of this 15th century mansion is interesting for its Gothic entrance. Its pointed arch is accented with two colors of cut stone and by three marble border...
San Pietro in Gessate (4).jpg
0.88 km
This 15th cent, church has been poorly remodeled more than once since its construction, its façade was restored in Lombard style. The interior has three aisles, 12 side chapels,...
Basilica of Santa Maria della Passione (2).jpg
0.9 km
St. Maria Della Passione’s Church rises between Via Conservatorio and Via V. Beilini. It was built by oder of Domenico Birago, Prothonotary Apostolical, appointed by Sisto IV as...
Palazzo Isimbardi.png
0.91 km
The oldest part, named after a family that owned it, was built in the 15th century. However, it has been considerably altered during the course of the centuries that have follow...
The Basilica of San Nazaro Maggiore (4).jpg
0.93 km
Founded in the 4th century, it was rebuilt in Romanesque style after the fire of 1705; the Chapel of San Lino contains important 10th century frescos. ...
Antico Ospedale Maggiore (2).jpg
0.94 km
Once called by the Milanese “Ca’ Granda” (the Big House) this building was commissioned by Francesco Sforza who, in 1456, decided to gather into one hospital the numerous ...
Basilica of San Simpliciano (2).jpg
0.94 km
This Basilica was one of the first churches to be constructed in Milan-Sant’Ambrogio was responsible for initiating the plans to build it (4th cent.) but it was completed ...
Showing 21 - 40 of 75 results
Casa degli Omenoni (3).jpg 2 years ago
  • You must to post comments
Casa degli Omenoni (1).jpg 2 years ago
  • You must to post comments
Casa degli Omenoni (2).jpg 2 years ago
  • You must to post comments
Showing 3 results