Things to do in Milan

Collage_foto_di_Melegnano_(MI).png
Agricultural and industrial centre divided by the river Lambro. The Prepositurale (provostry) di San Giovanni Battista is believed to go as far back as the 4th cent. In the 16th...
Agliate.jpg
(Town of Carate Brianza, province of Milan). The Basilica di San Pietro is one of the prime examples of Romanesque architecture in Lombardy. Dating from the 9th or 10th cent., i...
Basilica of Santa Maria della Passione (2).jpg
St. Maria Della Passione’s Church rises between Via Conservatorio and Via V. Beilini. It was built by oder of Domenico Birago, Prothonotary Apostolical, appointed by Sisto IV as...
San Marco Church in Milan (5).jpg
The church was constructed about 1254 on the site of one already in existence dedicated to St. Mark. It was built to show the Venetians Milan’s appreciation for having reb...
Church of San Vittore al Corpo (7).jpg
Romanesque basilica reconstructed in the 16th century; the wooden choir in the chancel is magnificent. ...
Museo Poldi Pezzoli (8).jpg
The apartment in Via Manzoni No. 12 in which the Poldi Pezzoli Museum is housed, was destined to become a museum bv a member of a noble family, Gian Giacomo Poldi Pezzoli in 187...
Trezzo sull' Adda.jpg
On the right bank of the Adda. The parish church of Santi Gervaso e Protaso has been restored in the present century, but still retains the polygonal apse of the original 14th c...
Santa Maria la Rossa.jpg
Ancient church and minor monastery. Only vestiges cab be seen today of how it must have looked when it was built around the 10th century or before Recent restoration work brough...
Basilica of San Simpliciano (2).jpg
This Basilica was one of the first churches to be constructed in Milan-Sant’Ambrogio was responsible for initiating the plans to build it (4th cent.) but it was completed ...
Palazzo Crivelli (3).JPG
There are two Andalusian style balconies and a portal with granite doorposts. Its style is typical of the 17th century It has well preserved architectural frescos in perspective...
Colonne di San Lorenzo (2).jpg
These are sixteen columns and a section of the relative architrave which were originally part of a temple or perhaps a public baths complex. They date back to the end of the 2nd...
Lodi (3).jpg
Important agricultural and industrial centre, with historical connections, on the right bank of the river Adda. The Duomo was begun in 1160, and has a facade which has obviously...
Certosa of Garegnano (1).jpg
Certosa of Garegnano was founded in 1359 by Giovanni Visconti Archbishop of Milan and his brother Luchino in the village of Garegnano, which had already become part of the city ...
The Ambrosian Library and its Art Gallery (2).jpg
Founded bv Cardinal Federico Borromeo in 1609 and built by Fabio Mangone and Francesco Maria Richini, the Ambrosian Library is one of the most remarkable demonstrations of the g...
Villa Reale and Modern Art Gallery (12).jpg
This building is commonly called the ’’Royal Villa” but it was built by the Viennese architecht Leopold Poliak in 1790 as the home of Count Lodovico Barbiano di Belgioioso...
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II - lastsuppertickets (6).jpg
The famous Galleria connects the plaza of the Cathedral to the Piazza della Scala. Building began in 1865 under the direction of Giuseppe Mengoni who died in 1877 after falling ...
Abbiategrasso.jpg
Important agricultural and industrial centre. The Castello, built in 1382 by Gian Galeazzo Visconti and later spoilt by alterations, still reveals some interesting parts of the ...
Loggia degli Osii (2).jpg
The Loggia of the Osii was built by Matteo Visconti in 1316. It was restored in 1904 and the deformations of the XVIIth. and XVIIIth. centuries were removed. The façade, with tw...
Seminario Maggiore (3).jpg
At No. 11 Corso Venezia we can see the building which was once the “Seminario Maggiore” founded by St. Carlo in 1561, this buildings built on the site of the ancient “Umil...
Piccolo Teatro (1).png
Just a few meters from Via Dante and next to the old Palazzo del Carmagnola is the Piccolo Teatro that was founded in 1947 by Paolo Grassi and Giorgio Strehler. The aim was not ...
Showing 1 - 20 of 76 results