Agricultural and industrial centre divided by the river Lambro. The Prepositurale (provostry) di San Giovanni Battista is believed to go as far back as the 4th cent. In the 16th cent. Baptistery chapel is a painting of Christ’s Baptism by Ambrogio da Fossano, called Bergognone (recorded 1481-1522). 16th cent. Broletto, with a portico and two arches. All that remains of the Castello are two heavy towers; inside, 16th cent. frescoes.