Also known as “Palazzo Arese”, it was enlarged by the Litta family in 1700.
The architect B.Bolla was commissioned to work over Richini’s original construction (1648). It is famous for the parties given there by Maria Teresa and by Eugenio Beauharnais.
Baroque and Rococo are the predominant styles. The 17th century courtyard has twin columns: the great tenaille staircase (in the shape of pincers) is really spectacular: the enclosure around the garden, now a parking lot, is attributed to Piermarini There is a costly and well preserved Louis XV style apartment.